Wednesday, April 1, 2009

For the month of Sacrifice that was...

For the lesson it reiterated for me on its last day, for the ideal of striving to let go of attachment it reinforced, for the test of loving spiritually that it brought, I am grateful. I am grateful to the joy that loved ones bring in life and leave in memory, for the blessing it is to have love around us. I pray that we may all live such lives that take us ever closer to the Eternal Light. I pray that we may all live by the ideal of this gentle prayer of the Saint Francis of Assisi.

"O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life."

3 comments:

8&20 said...

beautiful, a :). this is my favorite prayer as well, reiterated every time i feel a sudden need to recenter myself. it is my first resort :).

much love.

Amrithaa said...

Thanks neh! It is ,y first resort too :) I try to make this prayer 'the ground on which I stand'...

Bright Butterfly said...

I really appreciate the way you've framed sacrifice here -- as letting go of attachment. so true.